Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Multiscape





This is by far the largest painting I have done. So far, anyway. It is over 6 1/2 ft long and 2 1/2 ft tall.


It's not for sale because it belongs to my mother. I painted it especially for her kitchen. It started out as one large beach-scape, with seagulls and seashells. After a few years of that, I decided I could make it much more interesting. I was looking at a lot of comic books and really liked the way the images were laid out. So I applied the idea to landscapes. I love the way it turned out.


This painting was in a show called BIG. It was all works over 6 ft. One young man attending the reception took one look and said, "Now that's good." I consider that to be better than an award.


As I mentioned, this painting is not for sale. However, I do have plans to make giclee prints of it, one day. Because of the size, it will be costly to get a high quality image taken. But it is most definitely on my list. I love this painting so much, I feel I must share it with many people. Sorry mom.

No comments: